|Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari macOS builds - handover need?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari macOS builds - handover need?
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 07:03:31 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1682233413; bh=z15amIuNIKRL8xNyv89dqIv/19PuHcHc7odRWNVWT8A=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=Q0NTJbK37t9EBqOvuUPNxSAA8okO4hx2FryUNbKFf47RwJvY4uS4uQe8lKY6Qjnxt uwPXSHovgAs5axZoOYcFfhE+jKHygVn/VBPgC6tMpere/17Yq+7q5PvejM1TvrIB20 OYWtQuJOZZvy1Z89E3ZxD+OhwGx9GTfNPrANRxGe2h5H/Wd7sxwE5J7eI+KJ3NIksy WnoY0MutjKro2D8fraoDoqRurcj9eseRFcrJxBFmWL0Ul6otjPyw3ydii6Yc2gPODu UIYDmgpjU8CdkXcjYksraeqE0k4eUS2HLiCZX+tnkckGzpQr5Rl3bjIXPn7U5Kv4/d k+xn/m74i3tdA==
Am Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:05:04 +0200
schrieb Andreas Grabher <andreas_g86@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Am 20.04.2023 um 13:59 schrieb Chris Jenkins <cdpjenkins@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > I still have a Mac and would be willing to help out if I can. But I think Thomas's suggestion of publishing artefacts from the CI build is probably the best option.
> >> I think we could update the macOS CI job in the Cirrus-CI to publish the
> >> built binary as CI artifacts there. However, these runners are arm64 only,
> >> so I guess that means "good bye" for the x86 support? Or is XCode on ARM
> >> still ablte to built binaries for x86, too?
> > My understanding is that Xcode on Apple Silicon _can_ create x86 binaries (or universal binaries) no problem. See for example https://developer.apple.com/documentation/apple-silicon/building-a-universal-macos-binary
> I can confirm that one can easily build arm64/x86_64 universal binaries on macOS running on Apple Silicon. I do this for Previous using a slightly modified (compared to Hatari) CMake script. It also works from the command line.
could you please provide the details here how to do it? ... I failed to
spot this in the Previous sources so far...