Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari macOS builds - handover need?

Am 20.04.2023 um 13:59 schrieb Chris Jenkins <cdpjenkins@xxxxxxxxx>:

I still have a Mac and would be willing to help out if I can. But I think Thomas's suggestion of publishing artefacts from the CI build is probably the best option.

I think we could update the macOS CI job in the Cirrus-CI to publish the
built binary as CI artifacts there. However, these runners are arm64 only,
so I guess that means "good bye" for the x86 support? Or is XCode on ARM
still ablte to built binaries for x86, too?

My understanding is that Xcode on Apple Silicon _can_ create x86 binaries (or universal binaries) no problem. See for example https://developer.apple.com/documentation/apple-silicon/building-a-universal-macos-binary

I can confirm that one can easily build arm64/x86_64 universal binaries on macOS running on Apple Silicon. I do this for Previous using a slightly modified (compared to Hatari) CMake script. It also works from the command line.