Re: [hatari-devel] Emulation on separate CPU cores

On 4.12.2022 15.20, Thorsten Otto wrote:
On Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2022 11:55:34 CET Miro Kropáček wrote:

That guy is really good, so I wouldn't dismiss his achievement simply as
"nah, surely his emulator isn't that accurate and that's why it's so fast".

I agree that he surely did a great job. If something in my previous post could
be interpreted differently, i apologize.

But his goals are different than what Hatari does. Its more like what Aranym
does, running supported programs at maximum achievable speed.

Having that said, it also makes me wonder why he used Musashi. It is not a bad
emulator, and in projects like his it is easy to integrate, but it is surely
not the fastest emulator around.

What other m68k emulation cores there are?

Qemu - still too inaccurate

OldUAE - obsolete / too inaccurate

WinUAE - complex, emulates lot of different 680x0 variants with different emulation accuracy options

Any others?

Maybe threading was easy to integrate to Musashi?

If it is e.g. less complex and has less global state...