[hatari-devel] Keyup bug in SDL GUI

Hello all,

I might have found a bug in the SDL GUI. This scenario:

In the guest operating system I confirm some action by pressing enter
—> SDL_KEYDOWN with SDLK_RETURN
Due to some bug in the OS I get a double fault, which then activates Dialog_HaltDlg() before I am able to release the key
I then release the key
—> SDL_KEYUP with SDLK_RETURN
At this time we are already in the SDL_WaitEvent()-Loop in SDLGui_DoDialogExt() and the event is recognized as key up in the GUI. This leads to automatically pressing the default button which exits the dialog without me having a chance to select anything.

Can you confirm this? This will be difficult to fix.

Best wishes,
Andreas