R: R: [hatari-devel] HATARI: no emulation of a Real SF354 Single Sided drive

„Does the original work on a real SF314? There's no logic in an ST floppy drive, an SF354 is the same as an SF314 that only reads on side.“

On SF314 works, on SF354 absolutely not. The 2 Drives are in excellent conditions, works perfectly.

“Also, I'm wary about the intermediate conversion to STX. “

I’ve cloned from SCP, so no intermediate conversions 😊

But yes, I assume the game manages to find content from side 2 it doesn't consider valid. I'm not sure the correct solution is to force the emulated drive to be single sided without knowing that the original game fails on an SF314.”

I always set my HATARI as SINGLE SIDED because I have an SF354 and ST520 (no expanded) and Tos 1.02 and so I replicate the real conditions of the real machine.

Hatari fault something, that’s sure.

Kora Sistemi Informatici Srl
Via Cavour 1, 46051 S. Giorgio Bigarello
Tel/Fax +39 0376 371059
P. IVA: 02048930206
https://korasistemi.com

Does the original work on a real SF314? There's no logic in an ST floppy drive, an SF354 is the same as an SF314 that only reads on side.

Also, I'm wary about the intermediate conversion to STX.

But yes, I assume the game manages to find content from side 2 it doesn't consider valid. I'm not sure the correct solution is to force the emulated drive to be single sided without knowing that the original game fails on an SF314.

regards,

Troed