Re: [hatari-devel] Relocation warning + program failing when run from GEMDOS HD

On 24 Sep 2022 at 20:51, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> I found a program that may not work correctly with the GEMDOS HD
> relocation code.  It's the "c64_show" from "Mono collection #01":
> https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=54828
>
> I've attached that monocrome slideshow program here. Its pictures are
> not included (to keep zip size <100KB), but they're loaded after the
> issue happens, so that should not matter.
>
> Currently program works only with real TOS v1.0x, and only when loaded
> from a floppy disk.

It works OK on my system (Hatari MegaSTe emulation, 1MB memory, EmuTOS, loaded
from floppy or emulated ACSI hard drive).  It will crash with a bus error if
you have 4MB, due to some crap coding.

> When run from GEMDOS HD, program exits instead, after Hatari gives
> relocation warning:
> -------------------------
> GEMDOS 0x4B Pexec(0, "C:\C64_SHOW.PRG", [0]"", 0x0) at PC 0xFDD2DA
> GEMDOS 0x4B Pexec(5, 0x0, 0xa542, 0x0) at PC 0xFA003A
>       C64 SLIDESHOWV1.0 LOADING !    GEMDOS 0x4B Pexec(0,
> "C64_DATA.BSW", [0]"", 0x12824) at PC 0x125D2
> GEMDOS 0x4B Pexec(5, 0x0, 0x12824, 0x12824) at PC 0xFA003A
> ERROR: Failed to parse relocation table of 'c64_data.bsw'.
> GEMDOS 0x00 Pterm0() at PC 0x125E0

It gives the same error msg from my GEMDOS emulation drive.  I took a look at
the relevant Hatari code and it seems to me that it will always issue that
message when there is exactly 4 bytes of relocation info (which is the case for
C64_DATA.BSW).

Roger