[hatari-devel] stdout vs stderr in Hatari output

The reason for this mail is this question:
https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=42053

Which prompted me to want to document Hatari outputs and controls for those before v2.4.1 release (e.g. in the debugger.html).

Hatari has currently 5 different outputs:
1. Logging, controlled by "--log-file"
2. Tracing, controlled by "--trace-file"
3. Debugger disasm/memdump/registers output, controlled by "logfile"
4. xconout redirection and Hatari command line help, hard-coded to stdout
5. Rest of debugger etc output, hard-coded to stderr

With first 3 defaulting to stderr.

I think above policy looks fine, but there are some (stdout) prints sprinkled around Hatari code and I was wondering whether they should changed to use stderr for consistency?

If one disregards ifdeffed or otherwise commented out debug prints, stdout usage is in:
- cfgopts.c
- debug/profile.c
- debug/profilecpu.c
- debug/profiledsp.c
- floppy_ipf.c
- gui-osx/CreateFloppyController.m
- gui-sdl/sdlgui.c
- ide.c
- statusbar.c
- vdi.c

With IPF and profiling code being main offenders.

Nicolas, could you check IPF printf()s, should those use Log_Printf()s instead, or move to be output only by debugger "info" subcommand?

I can check the rest.