Re: [hatari-devel] Overlong SDL-Syms on Manjaro Linux [solved]

Am 12.07.22 um 09:29 schrieb Thomas Huth:

Since it's only happening for ^ and ´ ... do you maybe have dead keys
enabled? What happens if you open a text editor and e.g. type ^ followed by
an "o" ? Do you get ^o or do you get ô ? In the latter case, please try to
disable the dead keys in your keyboard settings and try again.

That's it.  :-/ I just did choose the "normal" German keyboard layout as ever, where I also can type in frensh accents and so on. But for this case it is counter productive.

I changed it in XFCE to "Deutsch ohne Akzenttasten" and now it works flowlessly.

Thanks for the help.

Background info: Currently I try to find a key mapping configuration for Hatari and EmuTOS, so that one can use a normal contemporary keyboard and all characters are mapped like available on the keyboard. This may not be of use for specific ST games, that just use the scancode, but maybe a good solution for all emulator users for TOS anfd GEM programs. Nobody wants to keep differing key mappings in mind, if not needed.

The great challenge may be, how to map AltGr key combinations, since this key is, at it seems, just known for the Milan and not for Atari machines with normal TOS. Keytbl (XBIOS) does not know of a modifyer key AltGr.

Maybe I could map AltGR to ST's Alternate and then use these combination for @{[]}\~ and |Better first i will get an overview, how "Alternate" normally is used on the ST.

Martin