Re: [hatari-devel] Natfeats regression?

On Freitag, 17. Juni 2022 11:28:14 CEST Eero Tamminen wrote:

> I've fixed it now:

I haven't actually tested it, but looking at the code there seem to be two more problems:

- the inner loop of mem_string_ok only checks the starting address , but never advances it. This does not cause problems as long as the atari program does not do something stupid, but is certainly not what was intended.

- if the string is too long (>=NF_MAX_STRING), the function still returns failure, without generating an error. That will result in the same behaviour as before with an empty string, a freeze on the natfeats instruction.

I think the restriction fo NF_MAX_STRING should be removed.