Re: [hatari-devel] Setting TOS language / keyboard

Am Sat, 11 Jun 2022 19:02:17 +0300

> Hi,
>
> On 4.6.2022 17.37, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > On 29.5.2022 21.57, Thomas Huth wrote:
> >>
> >> Honestly, I don't have a real good opinion here. --country-code is maybe
> >> cleaner, but it could also be more confusing to the user if we provide
> >> more
> >> and more options. So maybe start with --language and see whether users
> >> complain?
> >
> > Attached are patches to get NVRAM language default from LANG, and new
> > "--country" option to set country code for NVRAM-less machines +
> > appropriate documentation update.
> >
> > How does that look like?
>
> Thomas, Nicolas, any comments, does it look clear enough based on the
> documentation?

Looks reasonable to me at a quick glance. The parsing of $LANG is likely a
little bit inprecise (looking at the output of "localedef --list-archive",
there are also locales that use three letters instead of two, for example),
but I guess it will be enough for the common languages that are supported
by EmuTOS...?