|Re: [hatari-devel] Audio/video sync regression in dev-builds|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Audio/video sync regression in dev-builds
- From: David Savinkoff <dsavnkff@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 10:45:42 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=telus.net; s=google; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=bBfDvjDL9+D9yhfiTY/Xcc7CMDiCayVDyQlU3hjKWSo=; b=YlPu2VJWjRP+aJLB/GSt+XBdWdJrTOyq+9HjesNEPhGbzB2PcDhW5ZVnetuu1VCDS3 Jsr33aC99PmpuKZYsFiD7v4QhoyhLgvoKeb2Y0bIAAMErISRe7JrIGXycOU5YCP9rEk5 PAv9Ruv5KlIrnEoJoPkd/Aj6m9WHuOaZO8jXx/yCzM7yV1I0g4O/jD9pEUZkSpagJk1o Givt3bJZqRfJ0H9O9+aWMBuUufFxNnuPeanVnY9BLZip+PcIfVUGKEmBP12D1uqbUuLl 0xJBmnBGj5si6y7wwOvQX0KgSveyKWke8fjwuoRa4+Dgkv1edpBVIn+YVyPvIJP6nFbO Qguw==
Have you tried the following to synchronize video and sound?
Hatari main menu (F12) > Sound > Synchronize
(sound sync was made to properly correct problems like this)
Also the following is the best buffer size for any PC
(going back to 400 MHz ia32 - tested with linux after --sound-sync added)
> For the 1st one, I can create the same wrong sync with devel version,
> but if I test with 2.3.1 too, then I also have the same bad sync around
> Do you confirm sync goes bad too with 2.3.1 ? If so, does it work better
> with hatari 2.2 or 2.1 ? (it's possible this drift between audio / video
> has always existed more or less and becomes noticable only with large
> In the end, it could be related to how fps is stored inside avi file and
> maybe there's a bad rounding (we have maybe 0.6 sec of shifting between
> audio and video after 8 min, which would be a 0.1 % error, not that much
> :( )
back in August I did the (what I think is correct) recording with 2.3.1. But just to be sure I re-did it now. And it works as expected, the sync is correct at the Pong part. So I can't re-create bad sync with 2.3.1.
When I recorded the Youtube thing it was done with macOS 10.4 x64, and the test today with macOS 12 AARCH64 in Rosetta 2 mode (no AARCH64 binary available of 2.3.1).
> that's quite possibly related to the changes I made to support
> syncsquare sound (as in used in maxYMiser v1.53) as it can impact how
> many audio bytes are output, although it should be more precise than
> before, not the opposite :)
Does the syncsquare improvements also impact the STe PCM sound? The (profanity) demo is PCM only, not YM.