Re: [hatari-devel] debugger suggestions

Le 26/04/2022 à 20:08, Toni Wilen a écrit :
I am wondering if the following breakpoint conditions can be added:

1) break on memory address access rw (b, w or l).

This is a common wish.

Nicolas?

(It would need CPU core to update variables that store last read and write access addresses, and a bit of code on debugger side to to support setting breakpoints on their values, and to zero their values before continuing emulation from debugger.)

UAE redirects memory "bank" that has "memory watch point" configured to debugger routine which checks if access matches breakpoint (address match, size match, data or instruction fetch, data matches, etc..) and then it calls original memory access function. No need to change CPU emulator and introduce performance loss even when break points are not active.

Hi

indeed, that's what I plan to add to hatari, as there's no penalty when breakpoint are not used, which is a good thing :) BTW, does WinUAE support break before memory access and/or break after memory access is done (read or write) ?