Re: [hatari-devel] Compiling Hatari under Cygwin

Cyprian Konador schrieb:

Now hatari.exe shows me:
Failed to create ~/.config directory: No such file or directory
INFO : Hatari v2.3.1, compiled on:  Jan 10 2022, 21:44:53
ERROR: could not initialize the SDL library:
  No available video device

Hm, it's been a long while since I last compiled Hatari under Cygwin. So
my memory is a bit hazy in that regard. Nowadays, I cross-compile under
Debian Linux with x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc to a native (i.e. non-Cygwin)
Windows binary.

But, iirc, Cygwin's SDL is meant for X11. Therefore, you would have to
install and run an X-Server under Windows (and possibly set the DISPLAY
environment variable in the Cygwin shell). Also iirc, a Mingw native
Windows toolchain is available under Cygwin, too. But I haven't used that.

Regards
Christian
--
Christian Zietz  -  CHZ-Soft  -  czietz@xxxxxxx