Re: [hatari-devel] program autostart, visual studio Hatari compilation

Thanks, that looks interesting.

Regards,
PG

W dniu 25.10.2021 o 15:31, Thomas Huth pisze:
On 25/10/2021 11.22, D C wrote:
I normally build and run Hatari through Visual Studio since I prefer their debugger (but with a custom project/solution file and not through cmake).
I don't recall any show stoppers getting it to build.

That being said, it's been a while and I remember there being a lot of warnings and errors that need to be fixed such as includes for unistd.h or dirent.h and related calls which don't normally exist on windows and haven't been wrapped with ifdefs or converted to the windows equivalents. There are also some issues that need fixing if you're building with unicode support as well.

FWIW, we're testing building with Visual Studio in the CI nowadays and it's building fine there:

  https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5235837156720640

So you could use the build script from the CI as instructions how to recreate that build on your own:

  https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/tree/.cirrus.yml#n96

HTH,
  Thomas

It's definitely simpler to just build using cmake and mingw unless you want to spend some time going through all the errors and warnings.