Re: [hatari-devel] TAT's debugger

Am Thu, 26 Aug 2021 22:26:40 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 26/08/2021 à 20:41, Troed Sångberg a écrit :
> > I did - it was discussed on #atariscne IRC a few times during
> > development. I haven't had time to test it yet but considering the
> > demoscene origin I expect I will love it :)
> >
> > The obvious question then becomes whether to mainline the new
> > debugger interface.
>
> Hi
>

> just had a look at the screenshot, and there're definitely some good
> ideas. Maybe we need to let Tat settle things first and then see how
> it could be added to main hatari.
> the gfx debugger is nice (although I have a
> much-better-never-released version myself as a stand alone 68000
> program :) )
>
>  From what I understand, the debugger UI uses a separate dir + some
> patches to support sending commands over TCP to hatari, so it seems
> quite posible to do, depending on Tat's will.
>
> Nicolas

Froma user's point of view I'd keep the TCP port idea. I think that is
the best way to go + it will allow remote debugging as well.

Also the actual debugger GUI can be replaced.
Roll your own GUI? No problem
Plugin for IDE x? Could be done aswell

I like it and I will surely give it a test when I find time. (In
September I'll have some holidays.)

Best regards,
Matthias

--