|Re: [hatari-devel] SCC support|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] SCC support
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 11:01:31 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1621076493; bh=5NxgC/b1ppz6o0zE3p8JqPwcJOMcdtZD68DuhDBz+UM=; h=Subject:To:From:Date:From; b=hfmUH9xhzxGtEDai9S330qIn33xO2cdQVduWvnRsEiwwBvNYB+YLTr0mAqkmfZnoh PXyz9jUEQD8XBwSVBTEZRNIEmHWVeJuMwCqXSa08Vo7F778GJliifvc+WmOsuQ0N7W V1KkASWvTPoPnvxe2l1YC7/pysFzdYmUEZzGAvR6ea1qsYRXivvGINhhifqaxpBQu8 RMY8C1eItQLZ39JimATVaxKBifHZwGt9jFnEPNRAadsFc2FaisHr0BcmOWK4MmnVUb myPNwCS+Gzwl/BiZqN+StaZaS3kLtzK/2TOuGeta/NTXp1iiZqSbsePoBpTDwDvN3/ YbJYqx/6+6hkQ==
On 14/05/2021 12.48, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 14/05/2021 à 11:53, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
On 12.5.2021 22.47, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 11/05/2021 à 23:44, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
- ARAnyM uses AutoVector Interrupt #3 for the reception thread, and calls
TriggerInt3() for this purpose. In Hatari, i translated that to a call to
M68000_Exception(), i hope this is the right thing to do
You're doing that both for #3/SCC + #5/VME in hatari-glue.c::intlev() &
I'm wondering why SCC case wasn't already in use
as we have some SCC support already.
I guess that it's because SCC emulation is not complete yet ; it might be
enough to make TOS happy, but some part to set global interrupt at the
cpu level might not be emulated yet to set intlev to 3 (for example,
SCC_doInterrupt() is defined, but never called from anywhere)
Btw. where the interrupt vectors are set?
On quick grepping I didn't see anything handling
TT-SCC interrupt vectors ($180-$1BC) either:
maybe that explains why interrupt level 3 was not needed until now :)
For some reason scc.c sources use its own
(ifdeffed out) macros for getting output of SCC
usage instead of using Hatari TRACE macros.
Any objections if I add "scc" trace option,
and change those ifdeffed out macros to trace
I can't tell, I didn't write any code in scc.c, better see with thomas if
he's ok or if he's planning to add new code himself.
I'm currently not working on the SCC code anymore. It was just a
quick-n-dirty adaption of the SCC code from Aranym to get rid of the bus
error problem that we had with the TT IO memory map. The current status is
just enough for outputting some bytes. Interrupts have not been wired up
yet, and the D(bug()) stuff is also just there because it has been copied
over from Aranym. If someone wants to work on this code and implement
interrupts or rework the debug printing, be my guest, I currently don't have
any local modifications to that file.