Re: [hatari-devel] SCC support

[ Thread Index | Date Index | More Archives ]

On 14/05/2021 12.48, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 14/05/2021 à 11:53, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

On 12.5.2021 22.47, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 11/05/2021 à 23:44, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

- ARAnyM uses AutoVector Interrupt #3 for the reception thread, and calls
TriggerInt3() for this purpose. In Hatari, i translated that to a call to
M68000_Exception(), i hope this is the right thing to do

You're doing that both for #3/SCC + #5/VME in hatari-glue.c::intlev() & newcpu.c::iack_cycle().

I'm wondering why SCC case wasn't already in use
as we have some SCC support already.


I guess that it's because SCC emulation is not complete yet ; it might be enough to make TOS happy, but some part to set global interrupt at the cpu level might not be emulated yet to set intlev to 3 (for example, SCC_doInterrupt() is defined, but never called from anywhere)

I see.

Btw. where the interrupt vectors are set?

On quick grepping I didn't see anything handling
TT-SCC interrupt vectors ($180-$1BC) either:


maybe that explains why interrupt level 3 was not needed until now :)

For some reason scc.c sources use its own
(ifdeffed out) macros for getting output of SCC
usage instead of using Hatari TRACE macros.

Any objections if I add "scc" trace option,
and change those ifdeffed out macros to trace

I can't tell, I didn't write any code in scc.c, better see with thomas if he's ok or if he's planning to add new code himself.

I'm currently not working on the SCC code anymore. It was just a quick-n-dirty adaption of the SCC code from Aranym to get rid of the bus error problem that we had with the TT IO memory map. The current status is just enough for outputting some bytes. Interrupts have not been wired up yet, and the D(bug()) stuff is also just there because it has been copied over from Aranym. If someone wants to work on this code and implement interrupts or rework the debug printing, be my guest, I currently don't have any local modifications to that file.


Mail converted by MHonArc 2.6.19+