Re: [hatari-devel] An issue with a demo "We Were @" by Oxygene

Thanks Christian for the investigation.
In the meantime I've checked the latest Steem, and the demo works fine with 2MB and 4MB RAM with its GEMDOS emulation.

Just to let you know, I also checked the ACSI disk image with AHDI and the demo has the same issue in both emulators.

Thanks

Cyprian

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 at 16:14, Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Cyprian Konador schrieb:

> I've just checked 2.2.0 and that issue is still present there for both
> RAM configurations.
> Attached you can find my configuration files and some screenshots for
> 2MB and 4MB RAM size

I think it was not clear to Nicolas that you were using the harddisk
version of that demo, i.e., WeWereHD.prg, under GEMDOS emulation. With
that, I can reproduce your report.

--trace gemdos shows:
WARN : PREVENTED: program 0x0 accessing program 0x124d8 file handle 0.

I assume that the HD loader for that demo completely takes over memory
and therefore this safeguard (that checks against the current PD) fails:
https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/tree/src/gemdos.c#n1049

Regards
Christian
--