|Re: [hatari-devel] About RAM size comments (commit 6c827e5)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] About RAM size comments (commit 6c827e5)
- From: Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 09:07:50 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=gmx.net; s=badeba3b8450; t=1609661272; bh=TRAM6mFev4Pns/XydB0pVobtQNLDbS0aF50YaLzlXbg=; h=X-UI-Sender-Class:To:References:From:Subject:Date:In-Reply-To; b=VaU5ofRsp4rt0uQwJ6crIDz4ENLjiSG98bc0S8u9a+W3oFOEeF2LGEuwKwa4Qfynn L4vf6/5gbmr26pP9lmpkAyYsIjR0drEINpkZV5yZBv2/a27G2JqL8Sm8AKnMQ9xz3A sX4liYJXbkCraHUyUjyPFryFHr4msz9Js4jXSXxQ=
Eero Tamminen schrieb:
Attached is patch updating the comments.
Looks correct now, thank you!
Falcon has the limitation that system control register values don't
support that, so it's
possible that TOS wouldn't recognize that amount,
although e.g. EmuTOS could (if it uses memory
In contrast, on the ST, the MCU register values don't support *anything*
beyond 4 MB. Still Hatari and TOS get 14 MB to work. 6 MB would be
equally supported. However, there's no practical reason why Hatari
should support 6 MB ST-RAM. Therefore, I would indeed leave it as it is.
Christian Zietz - CHZ-Soft - czietz@xxxxxxx
PGP/GnuPG-Key-ID: 0x52CB97F66DA025CA / 0x6DA025CA