Re: [hatari-devel] About RAM size comments (commit 6c827e5)

Eero Tamminen schrieb:

So the limits are actually:

4MB:
- ST/MegaST/STE/MegaSTE (unmodified)

10MB, due to VME: [1]
- TT
- MegaSTE with HW mods

14MB:
- Falcon
- ST/MegaST/STE with HW mods

That's correct.

What about 6MB, is that actually a legal ST-RAM
amount?  On all the machines?

As far as I know, there is nothing in TOS that would make 6 MB ST-RAM
illegal. As noted before, this requires a new MMU.

Btw. Has somebody actually done the TOS 2 ROM
15MB ST/MegaST HW setup?

Sorry, I was unclear before. 15 MB would be possible, if one does *not*
support TOS 2. (Because TOS 2 starts at $E00000 = 14 MB.)

However, I only know to actual MMU re-implementations -- from hearsay,
never had them myself: one by Martin Wevelsiep, that (according to [1])
would indeed support 15 MB in a MegaST, and the CoMMU from a company in
Vienna (design based on a diploma thesis), that is said to be limited to
14 MB.

Regards
Christian

[1] <https://www.stcarchiv.de/stc1991/12/news>