Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari FPU support

On 12/6/20 11:08 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 06/12/2020 à 21:42, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Nicolas, I think FPU should be listed in Hatari
manual HW matrix, but I'm not sure what notes
I should add for each machine type.  Any suggestions?

FPU line could be added to the matrix. 68881/82 can be used with 68020/030. With 68040/60, FPU is included in the cpu (but as these cpu were not natively used in atari's machine, it's not an issue for the HW matrix).

As christian wrote, 68000/10 can't use the 68881/82 directly ; note that Winuae's cpu core has a hack mode to use the FPU with 68000/10 anyway, but we don't use it in Hatari for now.

So, in the end, I think that FPU emulation should be marked as available i the matrix only for TT/Falcon (ie 68030 CPU). Other machines are using a 68000, so it should not be considered as possible (at least for Hatari at the moment, even if some HW modifications could be made, as described by Christian)

Christian's mail gave good names for the FPU
variants I added to the HW matrix.  I did some
improvements to CPU Dialog section too.