Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari FPU support (was: macOS : FPU using EmuTOS)

Eero Tamminen schrieb:

Looking back to old discussions on 68000 FPU
support, they apparently work very differently
and would be hard to emulate & undocumented.

As the 68000 has no built-in coprocessor interface, the low-level
registers  of the FPU (not to be confused with the actual floating point
registers!) are memory mapped. I've written a small tutorial:
https://docs.dev-docs.org/htm/search.php?find=Atari+SFP-004+by+example
.... but I agree that it would require big changes to Hatari to emulate this.

Regards
Christian
--
Christian Zietz  -  CHZ-Soft  -  czietz@xxxxxxx