Re: [hatari-devel] Lockup demo

On 12/5/20 5:00 PM, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
I've comited a more simple version of the fix.

No need to add the "dsp_core.interrupt_state == DSP_INTERRUPT_NONE" when searching for a new interruption.

The patch is very easy now. I've just moved the 2 interruptions into the main interruption routine.

Before, the hostport interruption was tested only after a DSP or host read or write, but the interruption can happen as soon as the buffers are empty or full.

Now, I just do the test after each DSP instruction.

I've done many tests with demos that I know use DSP interrupts, games and music programs.

I didn't notice any regression with this patch.

Enjoy Lockup demo now ;)

It works now with DSP and shows 3D graphics, but I don't have any music.

Do you have music in it?

I tested many programs and only regression I
noticed was in Sidetracked music demo, it doesn't
anymore start, *even with older Hatari version*,
neither with TOS4 or EmuTOS, with or without MMU,
with Hatari default config or my own.

(Dry Egg game, which also worked only with EmuTOS,
does still work.)

I don't understand what could have changed, to
break that demo also with older Hatari versions.

Maybe it's wall clock sensitive?

	- Eero

PS. I'll push update to compatibility list &
release notes after I've done some additional
testing.