Re: [hatari-devel] Using Hatari to debug custom version of EMUTOS

On 15/11/2020 00:23, Charles Curley wrote:
On Sun, 15 Nov 2020 00:06:06 +0000
migry <hatari@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Although I installed the "readline" library it was not
found by configure,

Did you have the relevant dev package for your readline package?
Headers, etc. for a package foo.deb are often in a separate package,
foo-dev.deb.

Thank you Charles.

I don't recall installing the dev library, and my virtual Linux session has crashed since
the install so I cannot recall the command line from the shell.

I appear to have readline v8.0 installed.
I also just tried "sudo apt-get install libreadline-dev" which appeared to install v7 (I hope its compatible).

Running ./configure I still get...

Libraries summary :
-------------------

  - sdl :	using SDL2 v2.0.12
  - readline :	not found, install it to enable debugger history/completion
  - zlib :	found, allows to use zip/gz files directly
  - png :	found, allows to compress screenshot/avi files using png
  - portaudio :	not found, install it to enable the Falcon microphone input
  - portmidi :	not found, install it for MIDI support on Windows / OSX
  - capsimage :	v5 not found, install it to use .IPF, .RAW and .CTR disk images
  - udev :	not found, install it to enable media change detection in
          	NatFeats SCSI devices on udev-based systems (Linux)

BTW I was able to compile and run a version of hatari despite missing this library.
Thankfully I did not have to use the debugger, so command line editing was not needed.

I just tried again.
Went into /home/migry/Software/read-line master.
Did a ./configure  , make , then sudo make install.

gary@Ubuntu:~/Software/readline-master$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/libreadline.*

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1321530 Dec  3 23:23 /usr/local/lib/libreadline.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1321530 Nov  6 00:27 /usr/local/lib/libreadline.old
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      16 Dec  3 23:23 /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so -> libreadline.so.8
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      22 Dec  3 23:24 /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.8 -> libreadline.so.8.0.old
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  828936 Dec  3 23:23 /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.8.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  828936 Nov  6 00:27 /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.8.0.old

Any suggestions?
It would be nice to fix this for future debugging.