Re: [hatari-devel] Code signing for macOS

Hello,

Do we want to fix this ? I mean, Apple is true, they cannot guarantee who developers behind the app are. People pay expensive Macs to have an army of lawyers controlling their ecosystem by always knowing who to sue. Hatari is made by hobbyists, does any of them want to potentually get sued for what they do in their free time?

* If yes (which I disagree with)  then well we can pay and and give Apple a stick to beat us if they don't like what we're doing.

* If no then we should only seek the trust of people using Hatari, even if that requires them to manually specify it on their Mac.

Eventually, if Apple makes it harder and harder to use open source apps like Hatari, to the point the Mac is no longer a friendly environment for open source apps, then it'll just mean you shoudln't use a Mac otherwise you're just creating trouble for yourself. Like if Lamborghini makes car for running on race tracks, you shouldn't by one to drive on muddy country roads.

Vinz