Re: [hatari-devel] Suggestion for enhanced keymap table format

Le 03/11/2020 à 14:24, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

I did a diff between your and current keymap.c
version (attached).

Hi

thanks for posting the diff

For your intended change to be reviewable, please
split all non-functional & unrelated code changes
(white space/indenting, const, ! -> ==0, type
changes, commenting out trace outputs) to
a separate patch, or remove them.

Then either rebase your changes to latest Hatari
git version of keymap.c, or otherwise make sure
they apply and still work with it, before posting
a patch / "git diff" against it.

looking at the diff you posted, I don't see that much unrelated changes, there're a few indents changes here and there, but seeing the patch is rather big it looks ok to me if some indents or some log levels are changed to fit the patch, but nothing that seems to prevent from reviewing the changes.

Also, keymap.c was last modified in dec 2019, so I guess the patch should apply to dev version without loosing code.

As for reviewing/testing the patch itself, unfortunately I don't have time at the moment. Maybe Thomas can have a look at it if he got time.

As a french user of Hatari, this looks like an interesting patch anyway, as some characters are indeed "hard" to enter by default.

But it won't be included in Hatari 2.3, it's too late to make such changes at this point. It can be included in next version when coding will resume after release.