Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing release 2.3 - status

On 10/19/20 11:56 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 12/10/2020 à 22:31, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Eero, what else do you wish to include before 2.3 is relased ?

* Finish the breakpoint improvements I discussed
   with Thorsten

   - If Thorsten contributes VDI_Info() improvement
     this week, include also that

* Hatari Python UI

   - add SCSI options to Python UI
   - re-org the hard disk setup dialog a bit
   - verify that all trace options are included

* Do larger Hatari TOS tester run after Falcon
   non-IDE slowdown is fixed

   - If it's not fixed, I need first to make its
     timeout handling take IDE usage into account
     on Falcon

* Compat doc updates

Thomas, anything on your side ?

For me, a release could be made within 1 week if no one has anything else to commit.

I may need more than a week.

do you have an update on the above points you wanted to fix and the needed time to complete them ?

* Debugger breakpoint thing - DONE

  - AES/VDI info improvements come after release

* Distros package changes check - DONE

  + "python" -> "python3" hashbang change comes
     after release

  + "*.desktop" files "Comment" descriptions
    -> pending consensus

  + __DATE__ & __TIME__ usage
    -> discussion pending

  + HATARI_TEST var for config file loading
    -> discussion pending ("Gentoo ..." subject)

* Falcon mic - after Roger's mail, nobody's
  verified that it actually works currently
  -> Laurent, do you have HW to test this?

* Hatari Python UI - will look this week

* Documentation updates

  - misc - DONE

  - compat doc:

    - Falcon games - DONE

    - Falcon demos - will look at Laurent's
      results this week, and do some EmuTOS
      checks

* TOS boot tester:

 "--fast-boot" etc fast options testing:

  - Boot is now several seconds slower on TT too,
    but it's not even close to what the IDE issue
    was, so I'm just going to increase TOS tester
    timeout

  - There were few cases when all the printer
    output didn't come to the output file, but I
    couldn't reproduce that when running tests
    manually, so I'm ignoring that for now too

   -> DONE

 "--fast-boot off" testing

 - TODO, I hope to get it done by end of week

If extra Falcon testing, or --fast-boot off
testing reveal potential new regressions, more
time will naturally be needed.