Re: [hatari-devel] MMU compatibility (was: Tests of Falcon games)

Le 20/10/2020 à 14:04, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On 10/17/20 10:24 AM, laurent.sallafranque@xxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks Eero.
I think maybe that mmu enabled should now be the normal setting for Falcon
emulation and one should disable MMU only for speed or special case.

Although better, I think MMU emulation in Hatari
is still too buggy to be enabled by default, at
least in regards to prefetch & cache emulation
(--compatible on --cpu-exact on).

Note: based on what Toni has said about things
working on Amiga side with WinUAE, this seems to
be Hatari or Atari specific problem.  Do we have
some HW components which memory accesses don't
go through MMU/cache emulation like it should
(DSP, blitter, DMA etc)?

Hi

quite the opposite, they shouldn't go through cache/mmu since they're not part of the cpu.
AFAIK, it's already the case.

On my side, there won't be time to have a deep look at this before relase ; much work has been made with CPU, MMU was greatly improved compared to hatari 2.2, non working issues should be added to compatibilty list and we will have another round of MMU work after hatari 2.3 is released (it's too risky to change things now at these places where MMU is involved)