Re: [hatari-devel] Coding style

Le 20/10/2020 à 19:36, Charles Curley a écrit :
On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:29:38 +0200
Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not really fond of enforcing coding style at the git level and
have your code changed once it has been pushed.

I'd rather have style "errors" spotted by humans and reported to be
fixed by the maintainer/original coder of the involved part.

Take a look at astyle. It's quite configurable, and makes a great
target for make.

I know astyle too ; maybe it could be used at the start of a new project, but now that we have thousands of lines of code, I think it could create a huge list of changes just for indentation.

As thomas wrote in another mail about trailing white space, I'd rather have this style fixed on a case by case basis when the corresponding code really needs to be changed codewise.