Re: [hatari-devel] SCU/VME register access?

On 4/9/20 8:47 AM, Christian Zietz wrote:
Nicolas Pomarède schrieb:
it's true that VME/SCU are adding another "layer" of interrupt to usual
ST. For now, it's only required when plugging external board, which we
don't emulate that much.

Well, strictly speaking it's not *only* required when an plugging
external board in. As I wrote in my previous mail, you can mask the
*internal* interrupts (such as SCC or MFP) which does not require any
board in the VME slot. Hatari does not emulate that SCU feature, either.

M68k Linux depends on that working, when the
related registers are present.  That's the reason
why Linux currently fails with Hatari's MegaSTE
and TT emulation.

(It's possible that NetBSD would require same,
but it doesn't yet proceed far enough that I
could check that.)