Re: [hatari-devel] SCU/VME register access?

Le 08/04/2020 à 21:01, Christian Zietz a écrit :
Eero Tamminen schrieb:

MFP & SCC interrupts are enabled in VME mask:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geert/linux-m68k.git/tree/arch/m68k/atari/ataints.c#n303

On real hardware, this is indeed important. Even interrupts *not*
originating from the VME bus are routed through the SCU. If you mask
them there, they're not registered by the system anymore. See this issue
we had a long time ago in EmuTOS where SCC drivers would not see any SCC
interrupts because EmuTOS didn't enable them in the SCU:
https://sourceforge.net/p/emutos/mailman/message/36421899/

Whether it's worth emulating that masking in Hatari, I don't know.

Hi

it's true that VME/SCU are adding another "layer" of interrupt to usual ST. For now, it's only required when plugging external board, which we don't emulate that much.

It should be done someday, but in case I would be the one doing it, it's not at the top of my list for now :) Else, others are free to add support for the whole bus.