Re: [hatari-devel] Next release

On 2/13/20 4:23 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 12/02/2020 à 19:03, Thomas Huth a écrit :
I have work in progress branch with all the recent winuae cpu's changes that I'm testing. Hopefully it should be good to merge soon and it really improve low level cpu emulation for address/bus errors + opcodes that were tested by Toni with his cputester on real HW.

If that includes also 030 exception handling
improvements, I'm interested in testing whether
they fix Hatari Linux & BSD compatibility.

If yes, I'd like to document (before release) how
to get also BSD running in Hatari.  Currently BSD
seems to have even more problems in Hatari than
Linux...

Then there're still a few things that I'd like to fix for the blitter and another case regarding hbl/color changes.

It would be good to get PortMidi MIDI event
handling fixed (see hatari-users list), but
I'm not sure whether I have time to look into
that.

(Because PortMidi is needed only for Mac and
Windows, it's not that interesting to me either.)

I'm too busy to progress on these at the moment, but maybe it will be OK for end of march/beginning of april.
If not, then let's release anyway :)

I don't think we need to be in that much of
a hurry.  Roger just commented on the EmuTOS
list that he's initially planning v1.0 release
for April.

New EmuTOS version has again lot of improvements;
better compatibility & performance, and new
desktop features, so it would be good to be
able to include that with the next Hatari
release binaries!

(Hatari v2.2.1 shipped with EmuTOS v0.9.10, which
means that last release had missed the new EmuTOS
icons/look that came in v0.9.11.)