Re: [hatari-devel] Debugger FPU bug ?

Le 10/02/2020 à 00:02, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

Ok, so it's the external disassembler which is
buggy.

Hi

it's possible some FPU opcodes are not correctly handled. There're quite a lot of combination and this can make the disasm code more complex to handle them all. At least I don't feel like trying to fix it :)

Nicolas, where we are with removing the external
one, once the UAE core one gets features that
were missing from it?

I don't remember if it was decided to drop it completely, but at least we can make internal WinUAE cpu core disassembler the default now, as it was much improved lately (MMU and FPU opcodes) and should now be more accurate than external disassembler in all cases.

Note that external disassembler can still be useful in the sense that its output can be more or less recompiled with devpac for example. On the opposite WinUAE's internal debugger add many useful infos (memory content, effective address display), but this can make each disasm line not directly assemblable without editing it first.

For now, maybe it's just enough to change this line in configuration.c

ConfigureParams.Debugger.bDisasmUAE = false

and to use 'true' instead of 'false'

On 2/9/20 9:20 PM, Laurent wrote:
And the trace :

 > c 1
Returning to emulation for 1 CPU instructions...
cpu video_cyc= 66756 196@ 65 : 00025ADE f202 7080 FMOVE.W FP1,D2

Laurent

It seems to be wrong with both disasm and debug.

Laurent

Le 09/02/2020 à 20:13, Laurent a écrit :
With uae debugger, I get :

00025AFE f202 7080                FMOVE.W FP1,D2

Laurent

Le 09/02/2020 à 20:03, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On 2/9/20 8:41 PM, Laurent wrote:
Maybe a little bug in the debugger :

My code is :

             fmove.w        fp1,d2

The debugger says :

CPU=$25ade, VBL=1021, FrameCycles=67068, HBL=65, LineCycles=508, DSP=$1b0
$00025ade : f202 7080                          fmove.w d2,fp1
 > c 1
Returning to emulation for 1 CPU instructions...

It seems the instruction is displayed the wrong way.

Does internal disassembler [1] show it correctly?

[1] "setopt --disasm uae" in debugger, or
"--disasm uae" option on Hatari command line.