Re: [hatari-devel] Basepage and proc_lives debugging from the debugger

Could be a worthwhile addition. Although, when I want to know the values of the registers and the stack contents when an exception occurs under Hatari, I simply break on that exception in the Hatari debugger.

Regards
Christian

Gesendet: Freitag, 15. November 2019 um 12:52 Uhr
Von: "Matthias Arndt" <marndt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [hatari-devel] Basepage and proc_lives debugging from the debugger
Am Thu, 14 Nov 2019 16:22:08 -0500
schrieb "Roger Burrows" <anodyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > > proc_lives is still another matter.
> > >
> > > Can the info item be extended? If yes, I might try to implement
> > > the decoder and contribute a patch to Hatari.
> >
> > What's proc_lives and is it something supported by all TOS versions
> > (from 1.00 to 4.x, and by EmuTOS)?
> >
> It's location 0x380 in low-memory. It has a value of 0x12345678 if
> the subsequent longs contain a valid saved processor state after a
> system crash. I don't know why the OP can't just display 0x380.
>
> Roger

Readability and convenience to distinguish individual register values.
In a hexdump I have to guess which bytes belongs to which long.

I will contribute the patch later on.

The locations are standard for TOS 1.0 onward and described very well
in the Atari ST Profibuch, even the first edition.

Best regards,
Matthias

--
http://final-memory.org/