Re: [hatari-devel] Synching host mouse position to Atari mouse position

On 06/11/2019 at 22:55, Eero Tamminen wrote:
As you implied, it's not emulation that should control the mouse,
but user.  Mouse should always be where user has positioned it,
without any weird discontinuities.

I completely agree with this.
I just hate when software moves the mouse instead of me. Hatari being my #1 enemy regarding to this matter. Specially, Windows/Linux mouse drivers have special mouse acceleration features. The mouse should not behave differently from the host OS when moved inside an emulated window. Mouse usage must stay natural, compared to the host screen.

So IMHO:
- When the Line A is available, EmuTOS should tell the emulator through NatFeats: hey emulator, now it's up to you to manage the mouse. I stop updating the Line A variables myself, please update them automatically when the host mouse moves.

Even if this will be perfect for desktop usage, that would probably break games and other software expecting IKBD mouse events. So the mode above, even if absolutely great, should probably be disabled by default.

--
Vincent Rivière