|Re: [hatari-devel] Synching host mouse position to Atari mouse position|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Synching host mouse position to Atari mouse position
- From: Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 00:55:54 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=sender:from:subject:to:references:message-id:date:user-agent :mime-version:in-reply-to:content-language:content-transfer-encoding; bh=ZbRVIh4j6jrV8yLFAX6+q14DsBjrxSQA1WNzU4Nt+Lw=; b=oBZ5vxlD2Jw6sjQcRANMwDvXu36Tkeqqhe9dd9/vPGh2tMWOnFAlh+FYY5nlcfAFo3 Y9dCSaDeFFrWOCgjveb4G198SfcLz2hC8MDTwGx7KxQjXAhmdQNF/fvuvMg9JHqiAixs h2eDN3rmFaTwX23C+linqq5ZdBml7ydzhdWGaYDx2u8/aR2FUJ2rS+XWPyPTf6x+BhJ4 8WecU7131ukA4rPRSuaAkXP5SAVU504GywsdPOOxpyI6ABkxr1QpMw0/g7eJSB/Ny/Z3 eAs5ZCBI+rTOMDwcY0CdhSxI53jVkQddeB1BnRS4clyWyhyU89QdVAKg5EP3a94Ar06F SesA==
On 06/11/2019 at 22:55, Eero Tamminen wrote:
As you implied, it's not emulation that should control the mouse,
but user. Mouse should always be where user has positioned it,
without any weird discontinuities.
I completely agree with this.
I just hate when software moves the mouse instead of me. Hatari being my #1
enemy regarding to this matter.
Specially, Windows/Linux mouse drivers have special mouse acceleration
features. The mouse should not behave differently from the host OS when
moved inside an emulated window. Mouse usage must stay natural, compared to
the host screen.
- When the Line A is available, EmuTOS should tell the emulator through
NatFeats: hey emulator, now it's up to you to manage the mouse. I stop
updating the Line A variables myself, please update them automatically when
the host mouse moves.
Even if this will be perfect for desktop usage, that would probably break
games and other software expecting IKBD mouse events. So the mode above,
even if absolutely great, should probably be disabled by default.