Re: [hatari-devel] Synching host mouse position to Atari mouse position

On 11/4/19 11:57 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Fri, 1 Nov 2019 00:09:45 +0200
I did small patch inspired by recent OSEX header being added to
EmuTOS to support for synching host mouse position with TOS mouse
position for Aranym...

Attached patch syncs host mouse to Atari mouse position whenever
mouse enters Hatari window and when window resolution changes.

It requires line-A base to be known, which is the case when
cartridge code is used, i.e. either GEMDOS HD or VDI mode is
enabled (and that user hasn't disabled mouse warping).

Otherwise things are as earlier.

Is this something I could push to Hatari, or is not working
without GEMDOS HD or VDI emulation too strange for users?

Looks dangerous. If a program takes over the full memory and uses its
own mouse handler, you might get completly wrong values from the ST
memory. If we really want to include such a thing (I'm really not sure
whether we should),

I already noticed that enter events moving mouse can be *really*
annoying, when trying to top Hatari window that's mostly covered
by another window.  It can result in enter event always moving mouse
from Hatari window to the overlapping window, if Atari mouse
location within Hatari window happens to be below the overlapping
window...

you need to add more sanity checks here (e.g.
whether x and y is within range of the display) and maybe also add an
option to disable this feature.

Sounds reasonable.

Does somebody like that feature enough that it makes sense improve it?