Re: [hatari-devel] Falcon emulation: Failed assertion

Am Sat, 12 Oct 2019 08:54:38 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> With an emulated Falcon on Linux I get an assertion:
[...]
> hatari: /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/portaudio-19.06.00-r1/work/portaudio/src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c:3636:
> PaAlsaStreamComponent_BeginPolling: Assertion `ret == self->nfds'
> failed. Aborted

That's not a crash in Hatari, but in Portaudio. I'd suggest to report
the bug to your Linux distro. Even if Hatari used the library in a
wrong way, it should not assert but report an error code to Hatari
instead.

For the time being, try to uninstall the portaudio-devel package and
compile Hatari without portaudio support.