Re: [hatari-devel] TT emulation crashes when there is no ACSI drive

On 10/7/19 8:56 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Sun, 6 Oct 2019 10:01:31 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:
I'm afraid with my setup (TT, TOS 3.06) programs in the AUTO folder
(GEMDOS drive C:) are not executed anymore.

I can reproduce the bug. Weird, it only happens in TT mode, all other
machines seem to be fine. And the problem goes away, when I add a
"--trace gemdos" to the command line.

Problem goes away also with any of the following trace options:
	os_base, vdi, aes
not just by tracing all gemdos calls.

Or by using autostarting or "--tos-res <resolution>" option.

I'll have a closer look when I've got some spare time ...

Because of autostarting, I wonder whether the issue could be
ConnectedDriveMask not being initialized anymore here, but later
on:
--------------
LOG_TRACE(TRACE_OS_GEMDOS, "Gemdos_Boot() at PC 0x%X\n", M68000_GetPC() );

        /* install our gemdos handler, if user has enabled either
         * GEMDOS HD, autostarting or GEMDOS tracing
         */
        if (!GEMDOS_EMU_ON &&
            !INF_Overriding(AUTOSTART_INTERCEPT) &&
            !(LogTraceFlags & (TRACE_OS_GEMDOS|TRACE_OS_BASE)))
                return;
        /* Add any drives mapped by TOS in the interim */
        ConnectedDriveMask |= STMemory_ReadLong(0x4c2);
        /* Initialize the connected drive mask */
        STMemory_WriteLong(0x4c2, ConnectedDriveMask);

That would mean that GEMDOS_EMU_ON macro not working there anymore:
src/includes/gemdos.h:#define  GEMDOS_EMU_ON  (emudrives != NULL)

I.e. "emudrives" getting initialized too late, after Gemdos_Boot()
is called...

What do you think?

Only other thing being explained by autostarting fixing it for
GEMDOS access, would be, I think, something else being broken in GemDOS_FileName2HardDriveID() during AUTO-folder access.