Re: [hatari-devel] TT emulation crashes when there is no ACSI drive

Eero Tamminen schrieb:

> I only now took a closer look where things are failing:
>    Bus Error writing at address $23000002, PC=$fa005c addr_e3=fa005c
> op_e3=42ae

> It seems like either a6 got overwritten load_n_reloc, or it
> somehow cause stack area pointed by a6 to be overwritten.  Or
> TOS gives "bad" data for Pexec() during AUTO/ in your case,
> when TT-RAM is present (which I can't reproduce).

To me, accesses to $23xxxxxx always look suspiciously like stack
corruption from an exception (where $23xx is the status register).
However, I don't see how corrupted stack content would end up in A6.

Generally, a bug you cannot reproduce is a bug you cannot fix. Thus, I
think this won't be solved without Uwe's cooperation. Maybe, in case Uwe
changes his mind, you could instruct him how to capture a CPU
instruction trace up to the point where the exception happens. This
often helps me understand seemingly weird effects.

Or -- if they are other users of the NF SCSI feature -- someone else
could try reproducing the bug. (As you know, I run Windows where this
isn't even available, afaik.)

Regards
Christian
--