|Re: [hatari-devel] Fastload from GEMDOS drive emulation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Fastload from GEMDOS drive emulation
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 11:25:33 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1560331536; bh=nLP3F6wrTB9NJuqJmIvOR7ehyqHgOrJEV19LVa44HZo=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=okykPL5mnfzzJqehzDjyZGDA2JZrS3h/u9C+NiwAdm6AZjgkKAsLxfUsgfu18j7cl pHV1Q/hpDpFFylsXkXcUyZD40+Q6wfQHxmxyTzBa4Nt/Uw6th/yFL1mIMxqcaraoFl wQePSWtGS7tiL9TFgrCPvF/5c6W5R/L7iDNCQwTuhrvhnao69tU6jBR775zHiJrlER c381Tqx9MGSxtZJc83MQ5XlrnrCPPMgpWyvRVDh3KrBZqkf5U2VMFEMI7pnWWkSFiH SpFHAJrPC/gRbj8da9vgzHAHJhNrIwv15ovyeZf4R+YSgScGcKKSskIzchA0viOove MnJanxrqhCVKQ==
Am Tue, 11 Jun 2019 17:18:23 +0200
schrieb Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 10/06/2019 at 08:59, Christian Zietz wrote:
> > When you load and relocate a program yourself, like Hatari has to do
> > for GEMDOS emulation, it's up to you (=Hatari) to clear the
> > memory.
> And for best compatibility, Hatari should clear the memory
> *slowly* :-) Ideally, using the emulated CPU to clear the whole block.
The memory clearing is done by the cartridge code, i.e. via the
emulated CPU. You should now see a significant speed difference here,
too, when you clear the FASTLOAD bit and have a lot of free memory.