Re: [hatari-devel] Fastload from GEMDOS drive emulation

Thomas Huth schrieb:

> Am Mon, 10 Jun 2019 00:56:54 +0200
> schrieb Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> It seems that Hatari GEMDOS drive emulation forces the Fastload
>> behaviour. Am I right? And is this expected behaviour?

> I think it should work if you use a TOS version that supports
> Pexec(7)... you can find the corresponding code in cart_asm.s:

> [...]

> ... that looks ok to me - or can you spot something wrong here?

When you load and relocate a program yourself, like Hatari has to do for
GEMDOS emulation, it's up to you (=Hatari) to clear the memory. The
program flags passed to Pexec(7) are only used to control Malloc
behavior. Looking at Hatari's code...
https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/tree/src/cart_asm.s#n314
.... it seems like indeed always only the BSS is cleared, like with Fastload.

Regards
Christian
--
Christian Zietz  -  CHZ-Soft  -  czietz@xxxxxxx