Re: [hatari-devel] floppy media change on TT

Le 31/05/2019 à 04:32, Roger Burrows a écrit :
On 30 May 2019 at 20:40, Roger Burrows wrote:

On 30 May 2019 at 22:15, Christian Zietz wrote:

Nicolas Pomarède schrieb:

Seeing Roger's test on his TT, where bit 4 was always 0 (ie inserted) it
seems though that not all TT had a compatible drive with such pin 34.

If Roger tested while the drive was *not* selected (via the bit in the
YM2149 register), even with a drive that supports that signal he would
have always gotten a 0. This is because, as mentioned, the drive only
sets this line (and therefore the bit to 1) when it's selected. At least
my drive does.

I will retest, making sure the drive is selected.  I probably need to write a
test program first ...

OK, I've done this, and can confirm Christian's report: after a diskette is
inserted, if the drive is selected and a floppy read is done, 0xfffa81 contains
0x7f.  This value persists until a read of a different track is done, at which
point 0xfffa81 contains 0x6f.  Note: just switching to the other side of the
original track read does NOT alter the contents of 0xfffa81.

This applies to both my TTs.

thanks for your test, so in fact TT were really available with a drive where pin34 is working and I need to add support for this.

BTW when value is 7f (after ejecting/inserting a disk), if you unselect the drive, you read 6f and if you select it again it's back to 7f ?