Re: [hatari-devel] External disassembler and FPU instructions

On Donnerstag, 18. April 2019 15:18:43 CEST Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> but I don't understand what you mean about "lea 8(pc),a6" ? It would
>generate a displacement of (8 - current_pc)

Seems to depend on the assembler. PASM tries to generate the offset of (8 -
current_pc), which is certainly not the offset of 8 that is part of the
original instruction. gas takes that value literally, so it would produce the
same instruction.

>but that would not
>be WinUAE's job to do that, unless someone want's to code a 2-passes
>disassembler

It does not have to generate labels, but IMHO printing the target address
instead of the offset would help, otherwise you end up counting instruction
sizes yourself. Also, with the current behaviour of printing

00FC0042 660a                     BNE.B #$0a == $00fc004e (T)

you can already see the offset of $0a as part of the opcodes, so that
information is redundant.