Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari SCSI support

On 4/17/19 9:29 AM, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> I'm afraid I don't have time for any work on SCSI support. Besides
> that, my focus as far as Ataris and emulators are concerned is
> TOS-compatible operating systems, not Linux.

I was thinking that same problems would be visible also under some
TOS SCSI driver, but fair enough.

(IMHO Linux is a good test-case for how good Hatari's emulation of
specific HW features is.)

On 4/17/19 11:16 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Well, you listed SCSI in TT mode there. I think I already said it a
couple of times, but in case you missed it so far: We're still lacking
emulation of the second MFP in TT mode. It does not make sense to test
SCSI with Linux in TT mode without the second MFP.

Ok, I wasn't aware that SCSI is tied to that.

> It likely does not make too much sense to test Linux in TT mode
> currently at all as long as we do not have the second MFP there yet.

TT + IDE worked fine without it.

(After I changed Hatari to bus error on SCU interrupt mask register,
so that Linux doesn't try to use SCU & VME.  Linux doesn't use
things based on which machine it's running on, it tests existence
of specific HW features.)