Re: [hatari-devel] Running Linux in Hatari?

On 3/16/19 11:49 PM, Christian Zietz wrote:
Eero Tamminen schrieb:
Has somebody successfully run full (Debian) m68k Linux kernel in Hatari
instead of just some version of ucLinux?

I've tried getting some old and a bit newer pre-built kernel images
working, but after bootstrap program (bootstra.tos) has loaded kernel,
initrd, and booted linux,

Side note: It's been a while ago (sometime last year) that I tried to
run the current kernel from Debian m68k on my TT. It got stuck early
during the boot process; iirc one would only get some lines of output on
the serial console, nothing on the screen and just a blinking ("heart
beat") floppy light. Back then, I guessed there was something wrong with
the kernel. I never investigated more in detail. Maybe you're
experiencing the same issue under Hatari.

With my current Hatari LILO functionality, I get same with TT emulation, but Falcon emulation gets somewhat further (more details in another
mail).

Stefan Niestegge posted a video of booting Linux on his 90 MHz Falcon
with 14MB/512MB ST/TT RAM:
	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sriz45Z4oM

David Henderson posted then video of same on stock Falcon + FPU:
	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za5K73HodEY

(Main issue with latter is having just 14MB => requires special builds.)

So it actually works on real Falcon HW, just not in Hatari.