Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Which EmuTOS TOS image should be shipped with Hatari, and with what name?

Le 10/03/2019 à 23:23, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

(re-directing to Hatari-devel)

On 3/10/19 12:39 AM, Roger Burrows wrote:
On 9 Mar 2019 at 7:41, Vincent Rivière wrote:
And I don't like the fact that Hatari distributes the EmuTOS ROM under the
name "tos.img", that's totally confusing.

I agree with that.  Since Hatari is distributing EmuTOS to provide a
fully-functioning Atari environment without infringing on copyrights, it would be less confusing to use the same name as the official EmuTOS distribution.

I agree on principle, but then Hatari should *by default* search for
TOS image named as "etos512k.img", instead of "tos.img".

Nicolas, any comments on that?

Hi

yes, maybe hatari could search for "tos.img" first (which would be an official atari tos put there by the user for example) and if not found, then search for etosXXX.img