Re: [hatari-devel] Links to TuxFamily repository

HI,

On 3/3/19 10:43 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Sat, 2 Mar 2019 23:51:43 +0200
On 3/2/19 10:48 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
[...]>>> That's a double-edged sword ... if we keep the hg repo around, there
might be people who have checked it out and try to "hg update" it
now and then. They will not notice that we switched to mercurial as
long as there is no error...

One option is to replace src directory with:
--- src.txt ---
New repository is at: <git repo URL>
---------------

And change top level build scripts to show that.

Not sure whether we've got to replace the whole src directory ... but
disabling the build there is likely a good idea, indeed.

But ok, everybody using the latest release should still get valid
links. So I'd suggest to keep it around until we released another
public version, but then decomission it immediately afterwards.
* TuxFamily Git nginx server isn't configured to provide correct
     content types for Git repository, only for Mercurial one.

That's unfortunate ... I'll try to set up a cron job that copies the
files from git to the webserver...

Can't correct content types be provided also for Git repo?

I guess there is a config switch for cgit ... but then we depend on
that setting again (remember, it once also broke for the hg repo in the
past when they updated the software). I think it's cleaner with the
cron job, and also the URLs look nicer this way. You can find the docs
now here:

  https://hatari.tuxfamily.org/doc/

Thanks!

(I noticed that you already fixed Hatari readme and website
links to documentation.)

The cron job updates this folder from the git repo every 4 hours.

I think doing it daily is fine, maybe even just weekly.

(Just doing it for releases is not enough though because we
fix things in documentation after release.)