Re: [hatari-devel] Links to TuxFamily repository

Am Sat, 2 Mar 2019 23:51:43 +0200

> Hi,
>
> On 3/2/19 10:48 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Am Sun, 24 Feb 2019 17:56:31 +0200
> > schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >> I've shared a lot of links to our Mercurial repository, both at
> >> Atari-forum and there are several links in our repository too:
> >> 	$ git grep mercurialroot
> >>
> >> I can convert links in the repository to point to the git
> >> repository, but there are few problems:
> >>
> >> * People using Hatari releases; their links point still to
> >> Mercurial repository, so it would be good if that repository (at
> >> least doc/ directory) would still remain e.g. for a year or two,
> >> if possible
> >
> > That's a double-edged sword ... if we keep the hg repo around, there
> > might be people who have checked it out and try to "hg update" it
> > now and then. They will not notice that we switched to mercurial as
> > long as there is no error...
>
> One option is to replace src directory with:
> --- src.txt ---
> New repository is at: <git repo URL>
> ---------------
>
> And change top level build scripts to show that.

Not sure whether we've got to replace the whole src directory ... but
disabling the build there is likely a good idea, indeed.

> > But ok, everybody using the latest release should still get valid
> > links. So I'd suggest to keep it around until we released another
> > public version, but then decomission it immediately afterwards.
> >
> >> * TuxFamily Git nginx server isn't configured to provide correct
> >>     content types for Git repository, only for Mercurial one.
> >
> > That's unfortunate ... I'll try to set up a cron job that copies the
> > files from git to the webserver...
>
> Can't correct content types be provided also for Git repo?

I guess there is a config switch for cgit ... but then we depend on
that setting again (remember, it once also broke for the hg repo in the
past when they updated the software). I think it's cleaner with the
cron job, and also the URLs look nicer this way. You can find the docs
now here:

 https://hatari.tuxfamily.org/doc/

The cron job updates this folder from the git repo every 4 hours.