|Re: [hatari-devel] Links to TuxFamily repository|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Links to TuxFamily repository
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 09:48:05 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1551516486; bh=U3plLRRU8zNGZtpw8AFs5c6HfACnq5XdlAckyQuIhcI=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=YzJhUzeVoDSs/3eBGFWqLPzLpWqkEZ4VSLghPg68UsTduYtjEmDbGT7bRMNOIQi+f /rv5O3WiYdbVj4bMUlsfZKKjYcyTW5MtwLdVCOW/SjDIv/iP4+PqcvYZ3FM7vsC9yC GlleWh1oNMtlYcWOoaVlStjjQU6Mo3FwC7yp11Qi/d0c64Au94O6nYEt+gPZBCAgym JBo3ZY09GrlrmuEIyFfSxIlpoHLhvgwDayK2QGVFTcjDCj952L1QDfJw/Otf56tT8B yY7dPL0RCCAqvp0rNSQCi1hCZzd/7/ZzLSbHeyT+8PVbO/mXKz/it9EI4W+3OUHpYE NDRIIwSkHCsVA==
Am Sun, 24 Feb 2019 17:56:31 +0200
schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Thomas,
> I've shared a lot of links to our Mercurial repository, both at
> Atari-forum and there are several links in our repository too:
> $ git grep mercurialroot
> I can convert links in the repository to point to the git repository,
> but there are few problems:
> * People using Hatari releases; their links point still to Mercurial
> repository, so it would be good if that repository (at least doc/
> directory) would still remain e.g. for a year or two, if possible
That's a double-edged sword ... if we keep the hg repo around, there
might be people who have checked it out and try to "hg update" it now
and then. They will not notice that we switched to mercurial as long as
there is no error...
But ok, everybody using the latest release should still get valid
links. So I'd suggest to keep it around until we released another public
version, but then decomission it immediately afterwards.
> * TuxFamily Git nginx server isn't configured to provide correct
> content types for Git repository, only for Mercurial one.
That's unfortunate ... I'll try to set up a cron job that copies the
files from git to the webserver...