Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari download page changed unexpectedly

Le 14/02/2019 à 06:01, Thomas Huth a écrit :

git gc --aggressive

Indeed, size went from 93 MB to 12 MB this time :)

I guess size will expand after some commits and the command can be
run again, but it's better to have a small repo when you want to do a
quick local "clone" of the repo by just doing "cp -r repo repo_new"

That size is really a little bit weird. I guess it must have grown that
big on my HD since I used to sync my git tree with "hg-fast-export"
with the mercurial tree since last summer. Sorry for that.

I'm a little bit afraid that the repo on the server is now also 120 MB
big already. I wonder whether we can somehow trigger the garbage
collection on the server side, too? Or should we maybe rather destroy
the repo again and start with a fresh and small one?

Hi

looking at the control panel on tuxfamily I don't see an option to do this. Also ssh access to the git account is not possible.

Maybe write to the tuxfamily's admin and ask them to run "git gc --aggressive" for us ? This could also be an option for the control panel to suggest to them, as this can reduce their usage of diskspace and bandwidth.