|Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari download page changed unexpectedly|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari download page changed unexpectedly
- From: Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 09:31:25 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=gMSH/F5auBTI6nzh+V9GjhSUDgakbKtdGADjffWx7Fg=; b=F496XzV/lanaOzYPhnGR9hA90FYIKlt2HR+5no3ev3GoTHd9mdAqMv22lWRj2+ixmb YWT1GwTRD2PTXCv0B2tUw4YlsHrzQ2VQLLnn3y/EnRg5rPMaYILfT+MIJWxpopfDncfU GMB9xjzRDzIFNWHvJunWSbMOV60tSs+14rbcpCS0HllD85vhVpm3tczLUXRhy7XzGqeT vgjgsnZwWG2zdR9hYicuA91QPiRsWlhrSTymEaYpzpNJUijlswMgHy5MqbcGvjW2nK48 Da8BBhnmPjdt7TTs3p8QnZwIox8zUfKwWmccjC46g6CSRxvto+l1qkdGOJ1UMKFH/Es/ s5zQ==
Am Tue, 12 Feb 2019 15:38:29 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Le 12/02/2019 à 15:32, Christer Solskogen a écrit :
> > running "git gc" will in fact optimize space, but repo only
> > goes from ~108 MB to 93 MB. Don't know if there's a better way to
> > compress ?
> > git gc --aggressive
> Indeed, size went from 93 MB to 12 MB this time :)
> I guess size will expand after some commits and the command can be
> run again, but it's better to have a small repo when you want to do a
> quick local "clone" of the repo by just doing "cp -r repo repo_new"
That size is really a little bit weird. I guess it must have grown that
big on my HD since I used to sync my git tree with "hg-fast-export"
with the mercurial tree since last summer. Sorry for that.
I'm a little bit afraid that the repo on the server is now also 120 MB
big already. I wonder whether we can somehow trigger the garbage
collection on the server side, too? Or should we maybe rather destroy
the repo again and start with a fresh and small one?